Our angel & life update
Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 11:20 am
On 26th February 8.44pm our angel took her first breath.|
This marked the end of a very eventful, challenging & interesting 9 months in our lives and is the beginning of a lot more interesting, challenging & happy-fying life ahead.
There was a lot that I wanted to share over the last 9 months, but did not. Partly because of cultural and parental guidance and partly because I did want the arrival of the baby to be a surprise to most of the world. Also, because all of this was happening to both me & biwi (mostly to her) I was not sure about sharing it with folks she did not know.
I will try to capture most stuff in a nutshell below, though each of the below could ideally be a separate post in itself:
And a lot more .. right now, her every turn, her every smile gives us immense joy!
- Getting pregnant: the questioning, the planning, the frustration, the anxiety, the euphoria. Short lesson : planning may not work.
- A difficult difficult first trimester: biwi on bed-rest, a lot more anxiety, biwi quits her job (tough decision for someone who was the life of her team & loved being it)
- Subway sandwich, strawberries, cake fudge, strawberries with ice-cream : these were very mild demands compared to what I have heard & most of them were at earthly hours.
- Preparing for parenting - joined ISP: Infant SSY programme conducted by RSVK 2.5 hours for 9 sundays was a lot of time, but I totally recommend the program to all to-be parents / parents with kids less than 8 years of age. I am not following everything I learnt there, but I did acquire a new way of thinking about children - their needs & abilities and how often adults show disrespect to their needs & abilities.
- Finding the right hospital / gynaec : Lot of choices, lot of experiences; we chose Dr. Padmini Isaac at Cradle.
- Preparing for birth : lamaze classes - very helpful again. Just the knowledge imparted was more than worth it. Knowing what you are going to go through makes it a lot more easier.
- The last few days - waiting, anxiety, phone-calls : any news? :)
- A lot of pain & then a section - Ouch Ouch Ouch!
- All's well :) Baby & mommy doing fine, return home. Home decorated beautifully with Pink & white balloons lined on the roof throughout the home by shashwat_09675 , ankitaprasad , Sapna & Sonu</lj></lj>
- Post partum haemorrhage - another tough 2 days, had to return to the hospital. But things came under control quickly.
|Date:||March 15th, 2009 10:56 am (UTC)|| |
I could not wish you more happiness
|Date:||March 15th, 2009 11:06 am (UTC)|| |
So when is appu uncle coming to bless / seek blessings from the kiddo ....
and of diya, disha, deeksha - which is your preferred name?(other short & meaningful names with D will also do)
|Date:||March 15th, 2009 11:15 am (UTC)|| |
she will have to do all the blessing :-)
one of my favorite names is Devi
I like Deeksha too, how about Dhruthi ?
|Date:||March 15th, 2009 11:41 am (UTC)|| |
|Date:||March 15th, 2009 11:48 am (UTC)|| |
Updated the meaning of D(h)ruti there
I like Diti too, and the short of it is cool too, Dee
|Date:||March 15th, 2009 11:55 am (UTC)|| |
I liked Diti too, but somewhat ruled it out after I read the wiki entry for it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diti
Druthi's meaning is impressive. Need to take a call quickly - pondering about asking the angel to pick from chits :)
|Date:||March 15th, 2009 03:50 pm (UTC)|| |
|Date:||March 17th, 2009 01:16 am (UTC)|| |
I liked Dia (is it the same as Diya?) most.
|Date:||March 17th, 2009 03:08 am (UTC)|| |
yes Dia would be the same as Diya (in meaning).
That is Richa's fav too.
'Diya' gets somewhat common, if that is a criterion. I have already heard of some 'Diya's in the vicinity . Just see if you can venture out a little.
|Date:||March 16th, 2009 04:26 am (UTC)|| |
Very interesting but scary post :)
|Date:||March 16th, 2009 05:31 am (UTC)|| |
Re: Savvy here
Yes, I deliberately shared the scary parts.
God forbid if a friend goes through the scary stuff - they know they are not alone.
For us, we had no precedence, no previous knowledge and no friend to guide us.
Maybe the effort and the troubles are finally worth it :). Wishing you and Richa a very happy parenting. And was wondering why I was not seeing her around in SAP labs campus. This explains it.
I too had an experience but of a different kind and no less difficult.
|Date:||March 17th, 2009 03:07 am (UTC)|| |
Oh yes ... everything and more is worth the baby's arrival :)
Dear Mekin & Richa,
Congratulations on the cutie!! Life's going to be a bigger blast than before! Good luck with the naming.
btw, are you open to non-"D" starting names? If yes, I have several suggestions :)
|Date:||March 19th, 2009 01:42 pm (UTC)|| |
Hope to see you guys come & bless the kiddo sometime. DO drop by.
As of now 'D' is a strict requirement :|
Congratulations on the new arrival to your family!
This post is interesting :)